miércoles, 6 de abril de 2011

RZA, Wu-Tang and Gravediggaz


Early on, Ol' Dirty Bastard and I used to watch kung fu movies, leave the theater, do some kung fu fighting, get on the train, keep fighting, and then run into MCs and musically battle them like it was a kung fu fight. That was my weekend habit.
When we could afford VCRs, we got all the kung fu movies we could get our hands on and watched three or four a day. We were smoking blunts, drinking beer, watching movies, making demo tapes. To this day, at least four times a week, a kung fu flick is in my DVD player. And I'm still DJing, making beats, making songs, and fucking with kung fu movies. I'm still the same kid when it comes to those things

Jungle Boogie Ireland se van a pinchar a Suiza, a ver si ganamos un poco de pasta con el invento, de todas formas aprovechare para desconectar y disfrutar de lo que brinda el fin de semana.



I made my albums like movies, you know what I mean? I wanted people to be able to listen to a movie in their car while they was driving. "I want to start off making movies where people will know they're at a movie. Like my man Tarantino, he did that movie Pulp Fiction — classic fucking movie, man. Every time it comes on TV or cable, I have to stop and watch it. And it's based on nothing, really. There's only a few people out there that are able to do that, where it comes from nothing but the vision and imagination of the artist.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario