sábado, 18 de agosto de 2012

Soy un rata, no creo en las propinas


Propinas…
The WAITRESS comes over to the table.

She has the check, and a pot of coffee.

   WAITRESS

 Can I get anybody more

 coffee.

   JOE

 No, we're gonna be hittin it.

 I'll take care of the check.

She hands the bill to him.

   WAITRESS

 Here ya go.  Please pay at the

 register, if you wouldn't mind.

   JOE

 Sure thing.

   WAITRESS

 You guys have a wonderful day.

They all mutter equivalents.  She exits and Joe stands up.

   JOE

 I'll take care of this, you guys

 leave the tip.

  (to Mr. White)

 And when I come back, I want my

 book back.

   MR. WHITE

 Sorry, it's my book now.

   JOE

 Blonde, shoot this piece of shit,

 will ya?

Mr. Blonde shoots Mr. White with his finger.  Mr White

acts shot.  Joe exits.

   NICE GUY EDDIE

         Okay, everybody cough up green for

         the little lady.

Everybody whips out a buck, and throws it on the table.

Everybody, that is, except Mr. Pink.

   NICE GUY EDDIE

 C'mon, throw in a buck.

   MR. PINK

 Uh-uh.  I don't tip.

   NICE GUY EDDIE

 Whaddaya mean you don't tip?

   MR. PINK

 I don't believe in it.

   NICE GUY EDDIE

 You don't believe in tipping?

   MR. BLONDE

  (laughing)

 I love this kid, he's a madman,

 this guy.

   MR. WHITE

 Do you have any idea what these

 ladies make?  They make shit.

   MR. PINK

 Don't give me that.  She don't

 make enough money, she can quit.

Everybody laughs.

   NICE GUY EDDIE

 I don't even know a Jew who'd have

 the balls to say that.  So let's

 get this straight. You never ever

 tip?

   MR. PINK

 I don't tip because society says I

 gotta.  I tip when somebody

 deserves a tip.  When somebody

 really puts forth an effort, they

 deserve a little something extra.

 But this tipping automatically,

 that shit's for the birds.  As far

 as I'm concerned, they're just

 doin their job.

   MR. BLUE

 Our girl was nice.

   MR. PINK

 Our girl was okay.  She didn't do

 anything special.

   MR. BLUE

 What's something special, take ya

 in the kitchen and suck your dick?

They all laugh.

   NICE GUY EDDIE

 I'd go over twelve percent for

 that.

   MR. PINK

 Look, I ordered coffee.  Now we've

 been here a long fuckin time, and

 she's only filled my cup three

 times.  When I order coffee,  I

 want it filled six times.

   MR. WHITE

 What if she's too busy?

   MR. PINK

 The words "too busy" shouldn't be

 in a waitress's vocabulary.

   NICE GUY EDDIE

 Excuse me, Mr. White, but the last

 thing you need is another cup of

 coffee.

They all laugh.

   MR. PINK

 These ladies aren't starvin to

 death.  They make minimum wage.

 When I worked for minimum wage, I

 wasn't lucky enough to have a job

 that society deemed tipworthy.

   NICE GUY EDDIE

 Ahh, now we're getting down to it.

 It's not just that he's a cheap

 bastard--

   MR. ORANGE

 --It is that too--

   NICE GUY EDDIE

 --It is that too.  But it's also

 he couldn't get a waiter job.  You

 talk like a pissed off dishwasher:

 "Fuck those cunts and their

 fucking tips."

   MR. BLUE

 So you don't care that they're

 counting on your tip to live?

Mr. White rubs two of his fingers together.

   MR. PINK

 Do you know what this is?  It's

 the world's smallest violin,

 playing just for the waitresses.

   MR. WHITE

 You don't have any idea what

 you're talking about.  These

 people bust their ass. This

 is a hard job.

   MR. PINK

 So's working at McDonald's, but

 you don't feel the need to tip

 them.  They're servin ya food, you

 should tip em.  But no, society

 says tip these guys over here, but

 not those guys over there.  That's

 bullshit.

   MR. ORANGE

 They work harder than the kids at

 McDonald's.

   MR. PINK

 Oh yeah, I don't see them cleaning

 fryers.

   MR. BROWN

 These people are taxed on the tips

 they make.  When you stiff 'em,

 you cost them money.

   MR. WHITE

 Waitressing is the number one

 occupation for female non-college

 graduates in this country.  It's

 the one jab basically any woman

 can get, and make a living on.

 The reason is because of tips.

   MR. PINK

 Fuck all that.

They all laugh.

   MR. PINK

 Hey, I'm very sorry that the

 government taxes their tips.

 That's fucked up.  But that ain't

 my fault.  it would appear that

 waitresses are just one of the

 many groups the government fucks

 in the ass on a regular basis.

 You show me a paper says the

 government shouldn't do that, I'll

 sign it.  Put it to a vote, I'll

 vote for it.  But what I won't do

 is play ball.  And this non-

 college bullshit you're telling

 me, I got two words for that:

 "Learn to fuckin type."  Cause if

 you're expecting me to help out

 with the rent, you're in for a big

 fuckin surprise.

   MR. ORANGE

 He's convinced me.  Give me my

 dollar back.

Everybody laughs.  Joe's comes back to the table.

   JOE

 Okay ramblers, let's get to

 rambling.  Wait a minute, who

 didn't throw in?

   MR. ORANGE

 Mr. Pink.

   JOE

  (to Mr. Orange)

 Mr. Pink?

  (to Mr. Pink)

 Why?

   MR. ORANGE

 He don't tip.

   JOE

  (to Mr. Orange)

 He don't tip?

  (to Mr. Pink)

 You don't tip?  Why?

   MR. ORANGE

 He don't believe in it.

   JOE

  (to Mr. Orange)

 He don't believe in it?

  (to Mr. White)

 You don't believe in it?

   MR. ORANGE

 Nope.

   JOE

  (to Mr. Orange)

 Shut up!

  (to Mr. Pink)

 Cough up the buck, ya cheap

 bastard, I paid for your goddamn

 breakfast.

   MR. PINK

 Because you paid for the

 breakfast, I'm gonna tip.

 Normally I wouldn't.

   JOE

 Whatever.  Just throw in your

 dollar, and let's move.

  (to Mr. WHITE)

 See what I'm dealing with here.

 Infants.  I'm fuckin dealin with

 infants.









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario